Thursday, April 3, 2008

Taco Pie

1 lb hamburger
1 onion, chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can tomato soup
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can olives, sliced and drained
1 can green chilies
6-12 corn tortillas cut in strips
¼ cup cheddar cheese

Brown hamburger and onion. In another pan warm soups, enchilada sauce, and beans. Combine meat and soups. In a 9 x 13 pan layer sauce, tortillas, cheese, olives, and green chilies. Repeat. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

I've started making this in the crockpot. Combine ingredients and gently stir to mix tortillas in. Cook at low all day and add cheese the last 15 minutes.

Serve with cornbread, and mexican rice. Sorry, still trying to find recipes for those that I like.

1 comment:

nanci said...

I love this taco pie recipe. I've also baked it in the oven (350 for 45 minutes or so) when I haven't been organized enough in the morning to get it into the crockpot.