Monday, October 12, 2009

Hotcakes


1 1/3 cup Pancake mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup Sprite

Preheat an electric griddle to 375°. Mix hotcake ingredients with a wire whisk until smooth. Apply about 1 teaspoon of shortening to the griddle, spreading evenly with a paper towel. Pour the hotcake batter on the greased, preheated griddle, forming 5 inch hotcakes. Cook until dry around the edges, (about a minute) then turn. Allow to cook about 40-50 seconds after flipping, and remove.

**I used Aunt Jemima's Pancake mix, you could also use Instant Bisquick.

3 comments:

LL said...

yummy! what does the Sprite do? Make them fluffy? must try!

Cosmo Carlton said...

I'm getting my pop now... or do you folks call it sodA?

Cathy said...

This is supposed to be a copycat recipes for McDonald's hotcakes. These were my best yet.
Mr. Cosmo, we call it soderrrrrrr where I live now.