
2 pounds ground beef
29 ounces tomato sauce
29 ounces kidney beans (with liquid)
29 ounces pinto beans (with liquid)
1 cup diced onion
½ cup diced green chili (2 chilies) ( I use canned green chilies)
¼ cup diced celery
3 medium tomatoes, chopped (I use crushed tomatoes)
2 tsp cumin powder
3 tbsp chili powder
1 ½ tsp black pepper
2 tsp salt
2 cups water
Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain off the fat. Using a fork, crumble the cooked beef into pea-size pieces. In a large pot, combine the beef plus all the remaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook, stirring every 15 minutes, for 2 to 3 hours. (Makes about 12 servings.)
Tidbits
For spicier chili, add 1/2 teaspoon more black pepper.
For much spicier chili, add 1 teaspoon black pepper and a tablespoon cayenne pepper.
And for a real stomach stinger, add 5 or 6 sliced jalapeno peppers to the pot.
Leftovers can be frozen for several months.

1 comment:
I'm a hero because of this recipe.
Post a Comment