Yesterday we had some pears with our dinner, and UGH! they were terrible. Some were hard as rocks and the syrup was awful.
Of course, they were from the store. I didn't realize it would be so difficult to go from the home canned stuff to the store bought. Fortunately, we still have pears that I bottled this fall to get us through the next few months. I think it might be time to start rationing them.
The pear recipe will come later.

2 comments:
chris just planted a bunch of fruit trees. i guess that means it's time to learn to can fruit.
HELP ME!
I would love to help you, but first you'll have to sign a contract for my fees and services. In the meantime, just remember, it takes a few years to get fruit. You have time before you'll be canning anything.
How's the wheat? Have you bought any or are you just going to plant it in your yard? Chris might have to buy a combine to harvest it. Good luck!
Post a Comment